Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

SOUTHERN GRAPHICS COUNCIL 2008

This year's edition of the SGC conference is scheduled for March 26-29 at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) in Richmond, VA. As always the conference schedule is a great one.

For all of the details as they become available, check out the show website at http://www.sgc.vcu.edu/. As always, the Product Fair will be quite a draw, running from Thursday afternoon to Saturday afternoon (3/27-29).

One of the highlights of the conference will be the Open Portfolio event and there will also be a trip to the University of Richmond to take in the opening of the 2008 Harnett Biennial of Anerican Prints on Thursday evening.

As we get closer to the event, look for additional information here.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Aiko's in 1965-1972 period whenever I went to Chicago from Detroit and absolutely loved the store and the generous information they offered. I found so many unusual papers and she would sadly tell me to buy as much as I could of this or that one because that family would no longer be making that paper. Usually it was because the grown up children moved away to the cities and they could no longer make the paper on their own or there was no one to pass on the skills to.

I have treasured many of the papers like antiques and have used them for only the very best reasons.

But I remember the alluring wall of cubby holes with rolled paper in each one, so tempting, so beautiful. It is a loss indeed that the store is closing and thank you for writing this up.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home