Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Thursday, December 20, 2007

WHAT'S NEXT




Wow! I looked at my backlog of articles waiting to be published on the blog, and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but.....no it wasn't Santa and eight tiny reindeer. It was absolutely nothing, I've run out of pithy little pieces about the printmaking community, Graphic Chemical, or the world in general.

I asked myself, whatever can I talk about that won't bore the socks off of my friends? Then I said, who cares, I'll regale them with vacation stories. Well, since I rarely take a true vacation, how about the latest business trip with a little vacation mixed in? I am blessed with having a remarkable wife - she tolerates me most of the time, and she loves to travel. Not only that, but she usually makes all of the arrangements from booking flights and hotels to contacting the appropriate customers that we're going to call on.

People tend to like her, which gets me in a lot of doors that might otherwise be closed to me. She spend months getting everything in order for the Estonian trip in October. Everything went without a hitch - or at least we thought is was going without a hitch until the nice police officer In Brugge, Belgium suggested that I should find somewhere else to drive. When I tried to get out of his way, I managed to find another street that was closed to me. For the record, cops yelling in Flemish sound very similar to cops yelling in English!

It has been suggested to me that I dispense with the travelogue and cut to the chase. We truly appreciate all of you who read this blog, and even more, we appreciate our customers. Without you, we are nothing. Our mission is to serve your printmaking needs in any way that we can. During the Holiday Season, it is appropriate to take time to thank each and every one of you, and wish you the happiest of Holiday Seasons, no matter which holidays you celebrate.

So, from everyone at Graphic Chemical & Ink, Stones Crayons and Printmakers Machine Company, we wish you happy holidays and a safe and prosperous New Year.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home