Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Friday, September 16, 2005

NEWS FROM THE FRONT


We're back and I can't tell you how well I thought the IMPact IV show went. Special thanks to the show organizers and to Beauvais Lyons from The University of Tennessee-Knoxville for all of the hard work to pull this off. Approximately 300 artists were in attendance betwen the two venues - Berlin and Posnan.

I'm not sure what I expected with the product fair, but it exceeded my expectations by a long shot. While there were only six vendors (two from the U.K., and one each from the Netherlands, Germany, Poland and the U.S.) there was lots of interest in the products and services shown, and some great contacts made.

We've picked up some ideas for new products, and gotten great feedback from printmakers about existing materials. Our German brayers were once again a great hit - selling out within minutes of our allowing sales on Friday. It is gratifying to know how well know our materials are in Europe, but it is also an opportunity to insure that the products that we offer are the ones that printmakers want.


I haven't heard the final decision, but when we left Poland last week, it appeared that Tallin, Estonia was the likely spot for Impact V in 2007. The support of printmaking in Estonia - and specifically in Tallin is well known, and all of the vendors at the Product Fair are really looking forward to that event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home