Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

SUMMER RUSH

With the beginning of August just around the corner, we are geared up for the summer rush season. Since so many of our customers are schools and school supply stores, this is the busiest time of the year for employees at Graphic Chemical & Ink Company. With so many new products this year, we're excited about the prospects - or is that terrified?

We have added, as many of you know some brayers from Germany that are quite nice, affordable, and high quality. They range in size from 1/3" up to a
n 8" face length. These are already in stock for immediate shipment. Another European product line that will be arriving here shortly are the silk screen and etching products from Swiss-based LASCAUX. We expect them in early August, and have already had quite a bit of interest in the Tusches and resists. Susan and I will travel to meet with the Lascaux people in Switzerland in October to attend a seminar on their products, and learn a little more about how they will best be used.


1 Comments:

Blogger Carol L. Myers said...

I am very interested in the Lascaux screen printing materials. I find that the speedball products do not perform as well as the old fashioned solvent based system. I have had requests for waterbased screenprinting classes, but been discouraged by the available materials. I hope you will post when they come in so that I can try them, maybe in time to offer a class in the winter.
Carol L. Myers-Indy

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home