Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Thursday, July 28, 2005

IMPACT IV


Every other year there is an international conference of printmakers in Europe (except for the time they went to South Africa). In 1999 the first IMPACT show was held in Bristol, England. In 2001, we were in Helsinki, Finland, and in 2003, the show moved to Cape Town, South Africa. For a variety of reasons, most of the vendors chose not to attend the Cape Town fair, which is a shame since many of us do a fair amount of business in South Africa.

This year, the conference is split between Berlin, Germany and Poznan, Poland, beginning in late August. It looks to be one of the best shows yet with some major vendors (including Graphic Chemical & Ink Company), noted artists and professors of art from Europe and the U.S., and some stellar seminars. I know that not everyone can pick up and jet off to Europe for a conference - particularly at the beginning of a school year, but if there's a chance, this is the one to attend. The interactions between artists and cultures is amazing, and the opportunity to visit Eastern Europe should not be missed. I will bring you up to date on the show as we get closer, and will, I hope, post pictures and comments afterwards.

The home page for IMPACT is http://web.utk.edu/~imprint/default.html.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to a still small but growing group of printmaker blogs!

I had hoped to attend the IMPACT conference in Helsinki by timing my exhibition in Vaasa, Finland for that time, but it ended up being the following year.

I look forward to reports and pictures about this year's event. Are you going to all those cities, presumably not all at the same time!?

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home