Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

ART FAIR - Ann Arbor, MI


Once again, we will drive to Ann Arbor, Michigan this week to take in one of the larger art fairs in the U.S. Actually it's four or five shows right next to each other in downtown Ann Arbor. The Fair runs from Wednesday to Saturday, and is well worth the trip in my opinion. There are shuttle buses from Pioneer High School and the Briarwood shopping mall south of the city. Signs are quite visible on the Interstate, so finding the Fair isn't too difficult.

1200-1300 artists are involved making this one of the largest summer art fairs around. If you get a chance you should stop by and see what's going on. While we pretty much only pay attention to the printmakers there, there is just about every medium that you can think of represented - sculptures, oils, watercolors, screen printing, egg tempera etc.

I'll try to get some pictures to add to this so you can appreciate the size and the quality of the event. Oh, yeah, lunch at Zingerman's is a must. It's a couple of blocks north of the fair on Detroit Street - pricey, but worth every cent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home