Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

WELCOME TO PRINTMAKING MATERIALS BLOG


Welcome to the Printmaking Materials blogspot. My name is Dean Clark, and I'm the president of Graphic Chemical & Ink Company. Graphic has been the premier printmaking supplier in the U.S for over 85 years.

In that time, we've picked up a little bit of knowledge about the field. Now I could have put a picture of me on this page. The Lord only knows that I have enough ego to pull that off, but I believe you'd rather see some of the various products, perhaps a new print or two, and share information about a field that we all love.

Please feel free to let us know what you're thinking, what products you are looking for, and what's goingto make your life easier as an artist. I can't guarantee answers, but I"ll sure try. The brayers shown above are from a new set of German brayers that we are just adding to our catalog and website. We believe that they are a great find. In addition to the four shown there are another dozen or so sizes. Call and ask for details

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the fall semester begins I need to assign a student to attack the light but annoying tarnish and rust that stains the rollers on shop's four intaglio presses. Whats best for this process?

thanks, P.J.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Dean Clark said...

I have chosen to address this issue in a subsequent posting on the Blog - mostly to force people to read more. Essentially, a wire brush and a little elbow grease are probably sufficient. If that doesn't work - try Naval Jelly.

Dean

11:20 AM  
Blogger Connie B said...

Will a "Nature Bright" light expose Imagon? The info says:

10,000 LUX SkyEffect light
Built-in Negative Ionizer
Emits 17,000 Kelvin UV-Free light


Thanks,
Connie

9:07 AM  
Blogger Connie B said...

Can I expose Imagon with a "Nature Bright Sun Touch Plus" light? The specs say:

-10,000 LUX SkyEffect light
-Built in Negative Ionizer
-Emits 17,000 Kelvin UV-Free light
-mimics a Blue Sky

Thank you,
Connie

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home