Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Thursday, February 03, 2011

BLIZZARD OF '11

Those of you who follow us on Facebook know that we anticipated being off of work on February 2nd - not in observance of Ground Hog's Day, but rather in anticipation of the Blizzard of 2011 which promised 2+ feet of snow.

Yesterday was one of those rare, stay at home days with very little to do but eat and sleep. This morning, Susan and I came to work not expecting that the Village of Villa Park was also sleeping. Our street was plowed in much the same sense that a drunk is "plowed" - a wavy strip down the middle of the street. Our snow plower's truck broke down half way through the job, and we have no parking space left for the office staff that comes in about a half hour from now.

The scene above is at the south end of our parking lot, and the pile of snow is something greater than 8 feet tall, 15 feet in depth and 30 feet wide - about 400 cubic feet of the white stuff. Please someone tell me again why I live here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home