Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A CAUTIONARY TALE - THE FOLLOW UP.


To all who have commented on my border crossing episode....I was aiming at one person who was unpleasant. In writing the blog, Susan and I had commented that normally we have a much harder time crossing back into the U.S.!

This time, the U.S. return crossing was lengthy, due to traffic, but the actual contact was almost non-existent. I don't believe that anyone was offended by my comments (except for Officer 13089 possibly), but if anyone was put off - I love Canada and Canadians. I even know all the words to Oh Canada (I'm a hockey fan after all) and have been in Canada several times for Canada Day on July 1. We were just put off by the incredible rudeness from one person, encountered so unexpectedly. After the fact, we both recalled a conversation with an Irish cab driver. When I commented that Ireland and the Irish were incredibly friendly, he responded, "It doesn't cost you anything to be friendly." Of course, he wasn't with the Immigration office either.

We had a great time at Japanese Paper Place, which is, by the way, a truly special place. We are indebted to Nancy, Peter and their wonderful staff for a great workshop and much, much more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Shipley said...

Glad the bad start didn't color the whole experience. You meet these officious little potentates in every walk of life, sadly. Ever wait in line at the DMV?

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home