Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

NEW BOOKS FOR THE NEW YEAR


It's the day before Christmas Eve, and I got to thinking about Christmas presents - specifically that I should buy some before it's too late. I'm thinking that the time may be a little late for that, but I'm the eternal optimist.

What it's not too late for is some new books from Graphic Chemical. The latest additions to the Graphic Library are a series of books from Crown Point Press in the "Magical Secrets" line. They include, the photo at the left, Magical Secrets about Aquatint by Emily York, Magical Secrets About Thinking Creatively, The Art of Etching and
the Truth of Life by Kathan Brown, Magical Secrets About Line Etching & Engraving by Catherine Brooks, and Magical Secrets About Chine Colle by Brian Shure.

Each of these books provides a tremendous amount of information on the subject. The pricing ranges from $35 to $60 for the hard cover books. Each book comes with a "how to" CD to demonstrate the techniques explained in the book.

These are some of best new books available to printmakers, and while it's probably too late to get them in time for Christmas, they'll be in stock hopefully for a long time, so don't be shy order them for your favorite printmaker's birthday, anniversary, graduation or any other festive occasion that you want.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home