EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB SEARCH
Self Help Graphics is seeking to hire an executive director who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of operations and execution of long-term artistic vision to ensure the organization fulfills its mission. The ideal candidate will have sensitivity to, knowledge of and respect for the special needs of Chicano and Latino artists in Los Angeles and beyond. He/she will have experience working with diverse stakeholders including artists, volunteers, community members, funders, peer organizations and elected officials. The executive director will also have a proven track record in business management and fund development. The Executive Director reports directly to the SHG Board of Directors.
The executive director will supervise the activities of the master printmaker, printer's apprentice and the printmaking facility. Under the direction of the SHG Board of Directors, the executive director will develop job descriptions for and hire new staff members as needed.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Masters Degree or MFA preferred
· Desired 10+ years of management experience with supervisory responsibility
· Finance, accounting and business management experience
· Fund development, grant making and/or management experience
· Experience in the arts, preferably visual arts
· Deep knowledge of Chicano and Latino art history
· Significant experience in the non-profit or public sector
· Command of Chicano and/or Latino history, culture and current issues
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Experience with accounting software a plus
· Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience plus benefits
All applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the attention of Rose Ramirez email@example.com by February 28, 2009.