Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Friday, October 21, 2005

BLOG RULES - A Noun, not a Verb


Back under the posting entitled Amazing things, I should have listed what I find truly amazing! The thing that really gets me is the number of people (most of whom wouldn't know a limited edition print if it bit them) that feel compelled to comment on topics of such vital interest to printmakers as the North Korean politicians' sex lives and the like.

I'm slow but consistent. Once I figured out how to delete these comments, I do it with a vengeance. You might as well save your fingers, because if the comment isn't printmaking related, I'm gonna delete it. Even those of you who throw in the occasional stroking of my ego - it's still gonna go.

Having said that, I noticed that one of the down sides to blogging on this site (blogger.com) is that you can easily travel from our Blog to another one. Well, it's a downside when you figure that we'd like you to stay with us. But I was wandering around the other day and found the next site. I don't recall what the primary mission was, but apparently this guy does a fair amount of traveling and had listed some links to various sites including a place called ExOfficio which sells lightweight travel gear. I just ordered some things for an upcoming trip, and I'll try to remember to let people know how it works out.

By the way, the picture above has absolutely nothing to do with my comments - it's obviously not a print, but I'm always impressed with public art. This one is located near the Union Bldg at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure when and where, but I was able to see that black cube piece on a reality tv show. I am almost sure of it.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home