Every once in a while I get a posting on the Graphic Bulletin Board (www.graphicchemical.com) that I don't know how to react to. The following is one of those:
Feedback about the forum! I'd like to give some feedback about the Forum, I am surprised how few people use it, here are some of the issues I have observed and heard from members:
1. From the homepage there is no apparent direct link to member forum. I find it each time by going to the blog and going to the disclaimer where it gives you the link to Member forum. Could you maybe make it more visible, and more people will use it.
2. Quite a few people have mentioned that they submitted non-offensive posts and that their posts got pulled (happened to me the other day) this will surely discourage people.
3. Some people have mentioned that they submitted a post and no reply from w/s staff was ever received..that will surely discourage people. thanks for listening and have a great day! Marita
This post was placed on my particular favorite subject on the Discussion Forum - SPAM. It clearly states that all posts will be removed without being read. Obviously that's not always the case - a catchy subject line may cause me to look first and delete later - the case here obviously.
On the off-chance that this is a legitimate posting, I want to respond to the concerns:
1. There are about 4-5 large buttons atthe bottom of the Home Page that have a large microphone picture and the words "Discussion Forum". While I appreciate someone going to the blog, it isn't necessary to go there to get to the Forum.
2. If someone has submitted a non-offensive post and it's been removed, it has either been non-printmaking related or it's been accidental. The Forum is for printmaking not insurance, cars, aluminum siding, drugs or sex. I have deleted over 1700 signatures in the guestbook, and I'm sure a handful of them could have been legitimate "lurkers", but that's a small number. I go through a rather extensive method of determining who stays and who goes. It's not fool proof, but it's pretty fair.
3. I answer almost every post myself, unless others have jumped in and offered solutions, input or whatever. Some posts don't require an answer, but all get read and most get a response almost immediately.
If you don't feel like you've gotten a fair shake on the Bulletin Board, e-mail me at email@example.com and I'll make sure that you're included.