Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Monday, May 01, 2006

AQUALINE INKS

Since we've raised the issue of Water Based/Water Soluble intaglio inks, it would only be fair to include another new player in this field - Rudolph Faust, Inc. Peter Faust and I have been friends just about forever. His father, Pete was one of the truly classy gentlemen in the old Engraved Stationery Manufacturer's Association (now the International Engraved Graphics Association). Y'all know how I love acronyms, but IEGA reminds me of a submarine getting ready to dive!

Faust's AquaLine inks are a true water based series that have gained some great reviews recently. They can be used for both intaglio and relief printing, and multimedia as well. The range of inks runs from $10-16.65 per pound, and they are available in 50 ml containers as well.

The range of inks include the following colors:
AQ627 Carbon Black
AQ630 Organic Red
AQ633 Yellow Iron Oxide
AQ634 Red Iron Oxide
AQ635 Quinacridone Magenta
AQ638 Ultramarine Blue
AQ641 Phthalo Blue
AQ643 Phthalo Green
AQ645 Diarylide Orange
AQ646 Diarylide Yellow
AQ648 Raw Umber
AQ649 Titanium White
AQ651 Transparent Base

Faust has been an ink manufacturer almost as long as Graphic Chemical & Ink. They trace their roots back to 1922 when Peter's grandfather, Rudolph, founded the company to provide inks and supplies for the commercial engraving field. We have been friendly competitors for almost 85 years, and I can say without reservation that they make a great product - almost as good as ours!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it seems you're a good sport about these things.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dean

I was fortunate to get samples of Caligo Safe Etch and Faust aqualine inks right from the manufacturer.
I am impressed with both of these and happy to know GC stock both.

6:18 AM  
Blogger DCAP said...

Has anyone done a lightfastness test of yellowing test on the inks?

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home