Printmakingblog

Graphic Chemical & Ink Company is a world leader in the fine art field of printmaking. We manufacture our own time-tested inks for etching, litho and relief printing, as well as sell screen print inks, papers, tools, chemistry, plates and supplies for all of a printmaker's needs

My Photo
Name:
Location: Villa Park, Illinois, United States

I have worked for Graphic Chemical & Ink Company since 1968 - with a brief hiatus(almost 4 years) to travel the World courtesy of my uncle. Sadly it turns out it was my Uncle Sam, and I wasn't too thrilled about the places that he chose to send me. My wife and I have run Graphic Chemical for many years, and have enjoyed the travel that comes with the position. We get to meet our customers (and the occasional vendor) from all over the World

Friday, February 02, 2007

SGC - Kansas City


Wow! It's been almost a year since the Southern Graphics Council conference in Madison, WI, so here we are gearing up for this year's show in Kansas City. Hugh Merrill and his crew at the Kansas City Art Institute are leading the charge, but this is an effort by so many people in the Kansas City area, that's it's almost unfair to not to mention all of the players.

Online registration is available this year by going to http://sgc.kcai.edu/registration.html . There's alot to do at the conference, and it's geared for everybody, so plan on attending, you'll be glad you did.

The highlight of any SGC program is always the Product Fair - and no, I'm not biased! Well, maybe I am a little biased, but all of those people come just to see the vendors - I'm sure of it. If there was a second highlight this year, it would have to be the proposed Iron Printmaker competition (a knock off of the popular TV program - the Iron Chef). Printmaking teams will create prints along a secret theme, and judges will determine how well they've followed that theme. The

Look for Graphic to have some major news at the show. We're very pleased to announce an addition to the Graphic family, but you're going to have to wait a while to find out who or what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home